• 4 cups puffed rice cereal
• 1 1/2 GOJI BERRIES
• 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup flax (the recipe calls for wheat germ)
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1 tsp vanilla
1. In a large bowl combine the cereal, goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax (or wheat germ).
2. In a saucepan combine tahini, brown sugar, and honey. Cook over medium heat until it bubbles and don’t forget to stir so it won’t burn. Take off heat and add vanilla.
3. Pour tahini mixture over dry ingredients and mix it up like you’re making rice crispy treats. I eventually used my hands because sometimes they are more efficient than a spoon.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan, press down firmly. Eat and enjoy!
Goji berries (L ycium barbarum) are the most nutritionally dense fruit on Earth. Unique among fruits because they contain all essential amino acids, goji berries also have the highest concentration of protein of any fruit. They are also loaded with vitamin C, contain more carotenoids than any other food, have twentyone trace minerals, and are high in fiber. Boasting 15 times the amount of iron found in spinach, as well as calcium, zinc, selenium and many other important trace minerals, there is no doubt that the humble goji berry is a nutritional powerhouse.
This amazing little superfruit also contains natural antiinflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal compounds. Their powerful antioxidant properties and polysaccharides help to boost the immune system. It’s no wonder then, that in traditional Chinese medicine they are renowned for increasing strength and longevity.